My name is Hsu Han Ooi and I’ve worked within the Seattle tech community for over 15 years. I’m a husband, developer, entrepreneur, dog dad, and investor. I’ve lived in Seattle since 2003 and graduated from UW with a BS in Computer Science. Since then I’ve worked at various startups throughout the Seattle area and continue to be excited by the burgeoning Seattle tech community. Outside of tech, in 2017 I got married to the love of my life and in 2018 we adopted the sweetest Chow-Chow Gojira.
- Back on the hunt! Researching new opportunities around the crypto space (DeFi) and AI to start another company.
- I began my startup journey in 2006 at Evo in Fremont working on order fulfillment to help sell snowboards and skis.
- In 2007, I joined a small Seattle startup called Zillow.com which was about 180 people at the time.
- 2008 - I ventured out with my brother and two other brothers to found Eggsprout focused originally on creating regional job boards.
- After pivoting to predict consumer electronics prices within the next 2 weeks, Eggsprout raised its first round of funding from Madrona Venture Group and was renamed to Decide.
- In 2013, Decide was acquired by eBay. At eBay I worked on the Seller Insights team adapting our technology to predict final sale prices for sellers to help them decide the format (auction, buy it now, fixed price, etc.), starting price, and when to list.
- 2016 - I joined Madrona Venture Labs as a partner to create, incubate, and hire founding teams for ideas we had in house.
- In 2017 I joined the Paul Allen Institute for Artificial Intelligence, primarily working on Semantic Scholar.
- 2018 - My friends and I started a small angel fund Iterative Capital focused on helping give back to founders.
- 2019 I started as the 2nd hire at Mutiny HQ (YC Summer 2018). Helping personalize web pages on the fly.
You can see a more comprehensive list of stuff I’ve worked on in the past on my LinkedIn.
If you made it this far feel free to contact me on Twitter or my LinkedIn or for Iterative VC inquiries